Saturday, August 23, 2014

My TREKKING Experience 2014

You know guys as I have mentioned in my Profile that one of my Interests is Travel and this is so true. As I am in Audit field (CA), my clients are located at various States so I get to travel a lot. But they are still official tours. You know I feel like packing my bags and just go abruptly to some place. And this year I did a very weird thing. Not very common for an Indian girl belonging to middle class family. I went to trekking to Manali, Himachal Pradesh and that too ALONE. Yes guys I went to trekking alone. Actually 10 years back in the year 2003, I did go to trekking to Manali just after giving my 12th Exam with bunch of friends from my School. And it was such a thrilling and amazing experience that I was looking forward to it since than. But due to studies and job and such other priorities with me and my friends we were not able to make it whenever we planned. So this time I had decided that whatever it is, if no one joins me I will go to trekking even if that means going Alone (Some Inspiration taken from Deepika Padukone, Lol). And I actually did.

And than the day finally came when I left home Alone for Manali via Delhi. The journey upto Manali was fine, and as I am used to travelling Alone due to my Official trips, there was nothing strange for me in it. But when I got down alone at Kullu and had to locate my Base Camp, my heart came to my mouth. I was feeling like "OMG, what I am doing here Alone in another state at 6 in the morning, looking out for my Base Camp. I was horrified, insecure and thrilled at the same time. (When I come across such situation, I start laughing at me as sometimes I dont understand my own actions and the reason behind it). So, anyways I managed to reach my Base Camp and than my real experience began.

I think besides 2-3 other people (MEN) I was the only one (Female) who had come alone in my group. And so much as I was surprised about my "Alone trip" so were others (And yes that definitely drew lot of attention to me but ofcourse not in THAT sense but yes it did). There were people who had come with family, wife, husband, friends who had come in group and it was so good to see them enjoy like that and yes at that point of time I did feel a bit lonely and that oh what if I had come with my friends, it would have altogether been a different story but I only felt happy seeing all of them and yes they also never made me feel lonely. There was always some or the other person in times of my trouble whether it was trouble climbing a rock (There was someone to give me hand) or when I got hurt or slipped off or had trouble walking in the snow. Guys, I never had such a terrific experience of walking or sliding in the snow. We experienced rainfall, shivering cold, snowfall, hailstorms, clouds below us, and what not. It was such a terrific experience. Only rarest of the rare get the same and I am one of those lucky few.

And you know what made this everything worth? A guy from the trek whom I had not spoken to in the entire trek told me "Be as strong and bold always as u r now". He made my entire trekking worth. And I will never forget those kind words.

So, this is how my amazing experience ended and it would always stay in my Heart and Mind. And am looking forward for another one sometime in future.

P.S. This is one of those 20 things I would recommend to do Before you get Married, Yes I would!! ;-) Go out Alone (or with company). The world is waiting for You!!

2 comments:

  1. Brave and bold indeed, to have ventured into the unknown all alone.

    ReplyDelete